CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 29, 2020

2020 - May 10th-28th - Pandemic beginnings

2020 was the beginning of the Corona Virus Pandemic also known as Covid-19. The virus is airborne spreading through short distance contact. It is predicted that it will cause over 200,000 deaths in the United States alone. All of the world is affected. The precautions are pretty simple:

1. Wear a mask or face covering

2. Social distance at least 6 feet apart

3. Wash with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds

4. Use hand sanitizer often

5. Limit contact with others with a maximum of 10 people in a group when social distancing 

Even following these precautions to the best of your ability does not insure avoiding infection. I was such a case. Mary Anne felt tired and run down on Wednesday and Thursday May 6th and 7th but had no fever. On Friday she was back to her normal self. On Saturday, I felt achy all over and laid on the couch all day. Many times during the day the cushions and pillows were soaked with sweat. By Sunday afternoon I felt terrible with a severe cough and uncontrollable shaking. We went to urgent care. They diagnosed that I had pneumonia and wanted to send me to the hospital for a Covid-19 test. Mary Anne was sent home to wait as only patients were allowed in the hospital. In the emergency department the test confirmed that I had the virus. I was admitted and spent 18 days battling this disease with a great medical staff. I was put on the IV clinical trial drug, Remesdivir. I had many IVs going … they tell me mostly vitamins. The Heparin given to Covid-10 patients caused me to have internal bleeding necessitating four units of blood to be given. With the help of many prayers from family and friends plus a great hospital staff, I beat the odds and did not have to be on a respiration/inhalator. I feel blessed.

Mary Anne went for a Covid-19 test and found that she was positive. She was almost asymptomatic except for that day and half. The doctors called her every day to give her an update on my progress. For the most part, I just laid in bed, rested and healed. Such is our experience with Covid-19, the Pandemic of 2020!

My IVs ...


























0 comments: