CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 25, 2021

2021 - September 25th - Barbara-Facey Honeycutt ... September 9, 1946 - August 27, 2021

Because my sister Barb is in Heaven there is a little bit more of Heaven in our home. Love and miss you sis! 


To remember forever, these are some of the posts, pictures and communications from Barb's passing through her Celebration of Life Services.

Recapping, on August 27th I received a text from Travis with his phone number to please call him as soon as I was able to do so . Making the call he relayed that Barb, Rene and Willow had been in a tragic car accident. He told me that they were out in the country looking at home properties to buy as they had been planning since before Barb made the move from Montana to Missouri. It seems Rene was not familiar with this rural area and did not see a stop sign. Barb, in the passenger seat, yelled "Rene, stop sign! Truck!" That was all Rene remembers. Rene gave her Mom resuscitation but she was gone, death was immediate. He let us know that Rene and Willow were in the hospital being treated. 

Travis, Shanna and their dogs drove to Springfield in their motor home from their home in Florida. Rene was in the hospital with four fractured ribs, some had multiple fractures, and a punctured lung. She remained there until discharged the following Friday. Willow had seat belt bruising across her abdomen from the lap band portion; she had the shoulder band in back of her rather than over her chest which cause her abdomen to absorb all of the shock. She was in the hospital long enough to be sure all of her organs were OK. Rene's stepson Chance drove down from Montana to assist his Dad in taking care of Willow for the week. 

The obituary:

Barbara Facey Honeycutt, 74, Springfield, Missouri was born September 9, 1946 to Ruth M. (Rickard) and Ernest A. Facey Jr. in Toledo, Ohio and departed this life August 27, 2021.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Ruth and Ernest Facey.
Barbara is survived by her children, Travis Webb, Rene Cleveland and Lisa Burton; grandchildren, Cable Rodrigues, Risa and Kayla Hibbert, Willow Cleveland, and Hannah Duty; step grandchildren, Chance Cleveland, Brittney Cleveland, Frankie Bobick and Rebecca Guentes; brother, Larry Facey; as well as many friends and other family.
Barbara lived in Montana from 1973 to 2020 when she moved to Springfield, Missouri. Though she had only been here a year, Barbara fit right in and made a home here. She loved the community at the barn where she boarded her horses. She loved riding her horses. Barbara was especially close to her granddaughter, Willow, because she cared for Willow since she was two years old and was helping homeschool Willow. They were always together and had a special bond. Barbara was active in her churches both here in Missouri and Montana.
Barbara was a very generous and thoughtful lady. She was always ready with a compassionate ear and a warm heart. She believed the best of people. Her kind smile will be missed.
Cremation was entrusted to Day Funeral Home, Marshfield, Missouri. No services are planned at this time.

Rene, Barb and Travis - June 1999
The Siblings at Heart - Larry, Sharon, Donna, Barb - June 1999
Rene kept the family and friends informed:
Most of you already know at this point, but my Mom passed away in car accident Friday afternoon. She went immediately.
Mom was an amazingly caring person, one of the best. She was strong and independent and did many interesting things in her lifetime. I was blessed to have spent so much time with her this past year. She was my rock; I knew I could turn to her with anything and she would be there.
I made it a point every day to tell her I loved her and gave hugs, so I am fortunate that there was nothing left unsaid. She knew we loved and appreciated her. There is a tremendous hole in the world now, but I also know that she is in a good place. She had strong faith and no doubt will be watching over us in spirit.
I love you, Mom, always.
And then later:
We are both home and recovering. I cannot express how blessed and grateful we are to have so much support from so many caring people. It has been amazing, truly.


A few pictures that accompanied sympathy wishes and love posts:

Wes Rickard visited Barb a couple of weeks prior to her death. 
Wes and Barb at Sight and Sound theater in Branson Missouri July 27, 2021. This is probably among the last pictures of her.
Kendall's post from Hawaii after watching the Montana Memorial live streamed:

That was a wonderful service. I loved all the music and the testimonies and tributes to Aunt Barb. I don’t know Aunt Barb super well except for the few times I spent with her in person like at Jenny’s dinner in Perris the week before Auntie Carrie and Uncle Ed’s wedding. But I knew a lot about her because of stories Papaw and Dad told us. I also knew her well because of her Facebook posts and her always commenting on mine. I’m so sad I was not able to be there in person, but I am so glad I could watch it in the early morning here! Sending my love to all 🤍


Cousin Kay Rickard-Cubberly-Randolph
Thank you for the service. Barb was my cousin, but also my best friend and "sister from another mother". She usually called me "Cuz", so rest in peace sweety, I'll miss you until the end of me. Kay, the Cuz in Tecumseh MI
Ohio long-time pal Stephanie "Stevie" Lovejoy
Barb and Lisa, first-born
Celebration of Life Memorial Services were held in Vaughn Montana outside of Great Falls on September 24th and in Springfield Missouri on September 25th. Family attending in Montana were Larry & Mary Anne, Eric, Shirley & family and Chance Cleveland, Rene's stepson. In Missouri, family included Rene, Kayla and Willow, Lisa and John Burton, Wes Rickard and Eric, Shirley & family. The ladies in  Montana set up a most fitting tribute to Barb in the sanctuary with pictures of Barb, saddle, reins and other horse related items.


Vaughn Community Bible Church in Montana was live -
https://www.facebook.com/373702401532/videos/883846448910147/
(link may be disconnected at any time)

Kay Rickard Cubberly Randolph

In memory of my dear cousin and 'bestest' friend, Barbara Ellanora Facey Webb Honeycutt 
9/9/46--8/27/21 --  RIP dear one

From Springfield Missouri ---
 Evan, Taelor, Shirley, Eric, Ella, Jordan, Mikayla, John, Lisa, Wes, Kayla, Willow, Rene, Ryan 
Wes and Eric
Rene, Kayla & Willow
Rene, Ryan, Kayla, Willow, Lisa, John, Wes, Mikayla, Jordan, Ella, Eric, Shirley, Evan, Taelor
These are mostly the early years pictures that I finished scanning from our folks photo albums:

I wanted to take a moment to express our appreciation to each and every one of you for your thoughts, prayers, condolences, emails, cards, love and holding our hearts through this difficult time of saying good-bye to Barb. Mary Anne and I attended the Celebration of Life for Barb in Montana. It was a marvelous tribute that honored her with many friends present. Chance Cleveland, Rene’s stepson, took time from work to attend. Eric and Shirley surprised us by flying in with Mikayla, Ella, Evan and Taelor. We were heart-warmed to have them attend. On Saturday, the Missouri service was attended by Rene with daughters Kayla and Willow. Eric and family flew there to be her. Jordan, with not working on the weekend, was able to meet them there to honor Aunt Barb. Cousin Wes Rickard drove all day to attend too. Wes had visited with Barb for a week the month of her passing. It was wonderful for his attendance. We will always remember all of the love and concern that everyone has held for our family. I ask that everyone keep Rene in your thoughts and prayers as she continues to recover from her injuries. Please keep in touch with everyone as these days and years are precious. A good friend of ours passed away last week and he requested that there be no flowers, donations or remembrances but if you wanted to honor him to “do so by helping someone today, tomorrow and the day after. Each day.” So I will close this final post and ask each of you to honor Barb by the same …. Help someone today, tomorrow and the day after. Each day!

As an after post ... two weeks after Barb went to Heaven was her 75th Birthday. I had made this card a couple of weeks before, so I sent it to her email and Facebook. I'm sure it found it's way to Heaven!

Barb - It is my wish that the angels in Heaven sing for you the most beautiful song today on your birthday as you ride the Heavenly horses. Stay blessed in Heaven, sister! Love You!

9/9/1946 – 8/27/2021




0 comments: